EnActe Arts is seeking an energetic and qualified Director of Education to oversee all aspects of its educational programming for its EnActe Academy, providing youth and adult theater education.
- Educational programming: Program development, curriculum development, project management and coordination for education programs for youth and adults.
- Business Development: Candidate will assist Management in soliciting business from schools, community centers and corporations.
- Budgets: Candidate will develop an annual budget that includes target/projected revenues and costs for the program.
- Staffing: Candidate will source and supervise the hiring of teaching artists and interns.
- Manage education partnership events.
- Candidate should have a college degree (preferably with a concentration in theatre and/or education),
- 3 years of theatre education or related experience and a working understanding of education in the Bay Area, marketing and budgeting.
- Excellent written, organizational and interpersonal skills. Able to work well withpeople from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures
- Extremely organized; reliable, punctual, accurate, and detail-oriented
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively to administer multiple projects and meet deadlines on time; able to re-prioritize as projects evolve
- Integrity, honesty, judgment. Respect and discretion in communications with constituents and stakeholders at all levels
- Knowledge of Excel, Google Apps for Work, Outlook required
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively
Part time position. Remuneration commensurate with experience.
TO APPLY: Please send resume and cover letter including names and phone numbers of 2 references.
EnActe Arts is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization co-located in Silicon Valley, California and Houston, Texas. EnActe Arts develops and presents contemporary theater, which explores relevant social and political themes rooted in the South Asian experience while providing a platform for the community to experience and grow personally and professionally through the arts.