Reporting directly to the Artistic Director, the Production Manager manages all aspects of EnActe Arts’ productions and events. The Production Manager works with talent, production staff, theatre spaces and production collaborators.
The Production Manager tasks include but are not restricted to onboarding cast, designers and crew, maintaining project schedules, overseeing adherence to budget, liaising with performance venues and ensuring a smooth production process. The Production Manager will also oversee the production tasks related to traveling productions to other cities.
This position requires maintaining a high level of artistic integrity, safety and an appropriate working environment for artistic and production personnel.
- Handle the recruitment and onboarding of cast, designers and crew
- Monitor and manage project expenditure, and oversee adherence to production, staffing and maintenance budgets
- Plan and maintain the production schedule and attend all production meetings and distribute notes and action items.
- Manage all communication between cast, crew and staff for the project
- Contract and supervise production related staff and designers in coordination with the Director and Producer
- Ensure all production personnel are well trained, all activities in the production department are handled in a safe and responsible manner, and that the behavior in performance spaces is monitored and respectful.
- Create, maintain, share and archive technical documentation and inventories
- Work with designers, directors and production staff to ensure that all productions are realized to the highest artistic standard, within the constraints of the EnActe’s schedules and budget
- Supervise Tech, Load in and Load out
Qualifications / Required Skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with accuracy and to establish and meet deadlines in a timely manner
- A professional attitude with acute attention to details
- Knowledge of the methods, practices, techniques, materials, tools and equipment used in the operation of stage settings, scenery, lighting systems,
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills with a demonstrated ability to lead and motivate people
GOOD TO HAVE
- Experience working with automated lighting controls (ETC Ion), digital sound consoles (Allen & Heath Qu-16), and QLab
- Knowledge of/willingness to learn the American Theatre Agreement, and other association agreements (Associated Designers of America, etc.)
- Knowledge of/willingness to learn about provincial Employment Standards Act, and Occupational Health and Safety Act, with specific regards to the live performance guidelines
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent experience, with a specialization in theatre and a passion for theatre and theatre making.
- One to three years of experience working as a production manager in a theatre context.
EnActe Arts is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Start date is immediate.
Compensation: This is a part time employee position – 25 hours per week at $25 per hour. No additional benefits.
For more information: write to us at email@example.com
To apply: Send in your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
In the subject line please state: Application for Production Manager Position
Please explain, in brief, your motivation in working for EnActe Arts, and attach a current resume with all relevant experience listed.
EnActe Arts is a 501(c)3 non-profit theatre production house and theatre education company. We are an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to DEAI values and supporting BIPOC representation.
We are currently in the audition process for two productions.
Here at EnActe, we strive to provide intimate and quality theatre to our community. And, as a theatre company that strives to elevate and nurture new talent and as a non-profit, we rely on volunteers to help make our productions shine. Come see if you have a skill that could take our next production up to eleven!
Calling playwrights, directors, producers, dancers, musicians, and other creative artists. Do you have a show/script/event you would like to stage? Would you like to host your project under the EnActe banner?
Local theatre or dance companies, interested in co-producing a piece? We believe that one plus one always adds up to much more than two! We operate in Houston, Texas and the Bay Area, California.
All projects, productions and scripts must be South Asian in theme or origin.
The definition of South Asia varies, we include the following countries in ours: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Burma, India, Iran, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Tibet. When we say South Asian in theme or origin we include the following:
• Pieces written by South Asians living in and reflecting the culture of their own country
• Pieces written by diaspora writers with a ‘voice’ overlaid with another culture
• Pieces written by non South Asians but dealing with South Asian issues.
• Universal themes presented in a South Asian context
RENT OUR SPACE
Want to Use Our Space?
RENT THIS SPACE FOR:
Table Reads / Creative Meetings, Acting Rehearsals, Dance.
Photo/Video Shoot, Book Clubs, Sewing Clubs.
Tutoring, Language Lessons, Music Lessons
Don’t see your category? Let us know!
INFORMATION AND PRICING
We are located at 830 Stewart Drive, Sunnyvale CA 94085, just 1.8 miles from the Caltrain station. Our maximum capacity is 20 people and we require a minimum of one hour for rental.
- $50/hour for 10 people and under*
- $75/hour for 11 people and over*
- Nonprofit and collaborator discount applicable
- *Plus deposit (returned within 10 days of use)
Additional charges may be required based on equipment usage.
Contact us for special rates and booking!
Open: Mon-Fri 7:00am-10:am and 5:00pm-10:00pm Sat-Sun 7:00am-10:00pm